Buddies are the Best!
Cats need stimulation during the day just like humans. Studies have shown that some animals left alone most of the day in the house, have brains that weigh up to 25% less than those who have playmates.
* By having 2 or more cats, you are able to enjoy the true social nature of the cats and their relationship with each other.
* Cats that have a playmate tend to be more socially well-adjusted and avoid behavior problems like shyness, biting, hissing, being frightened and hiding in the company of people they don't know.
* You don't need more space for a second cat! So remember........ Two are Better Than One!.
* In Switzerland, an anti-cruelty law was passed that requires people who are adopting dogs and cats to get 2 instead of just 1 since it is the nature of animals to want the company of their own kind.
* If they have a companion, cats are much less likely to gain weight due to lack of movement, and to suffer related illnesses.
* They are less likely to ruin furniture out of boredom.
* If you must work long hours or travel for a couple of days, two or more cats keep each other company and are more tranquil during your absence.
* Your cat will remain more playful and youthful into his or her later years with a companion.
* The workload to care for two cats remains relatively the same as one.